Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Today I received my dopplar!

I am both excited and ambivalent, but today I received my dopplar. I wonder how many mamas will want to use this instrument in a home birth? In the hospital they strap you up with the fetal heart monitor, and after studying about ultrasound in my childbirth education training classes, I have always wondered if the dopplar would affect the baby in the same way. I bought this instrument because of my difficulty in using the fetoscope. My ears with age are not the same as they used to be, and hearing on the fetoscope has been very difficult. I guess I will just have to tell the mamas that I take care of that I will need to use the dopplar for their births. Still, I feel like I have taken one step forward to having my own practice! Very exciting!!!

No comments: